Friday, June 8, 2007

My first blog entry ever!

The blogging world is new to me but I am willing to explore it as I start on this journey of self discovery. I consider myself a fairly private person and posting my inner thoughts and personal information out in cyber world has not interested me previously. I know that blogging has become very popular with my high school aged children and their friends as well as with the college students I assist every day. It is important for me to understand and appreciate the importance of blogging in their lives and also how it is changing how we all communicate with one another. You never know - I may discover that I love blogging so much that it becomes addictive.
I believe strongly in the importance of lifelong learning. It is part of the reason I love working in a college library environment so much. It is an ever changing & evolving workplace that presents me with many learning opportunities. I also enjoy facillitating lifelong learning in our patrons. Keeping up with the new & evolving technologies that our patrons are using is essential if we want to remain an important and relevant part of their lives.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Hi Cindy ... I feel the same way about blogs. I would hate to post my inner thoughts online. I guess its a bit easier as its work related ... but well done!!!